I got really fed up with trying to do a natural detox to get ready for a pre-employment drug test a couple of years ago. It took weeks to get clean using a lot of home drug test kits to monitor my progress. So I’ve looked into how to use detox pills for drug test success in detail to speed it all up, and I’m going to pass on here in this quick guide.
I’m going to tell you exactly how drug metabolites work in the body, and how long it will take you to do a natural detox for them to be removed.
After giving you an idea of how long a natural detox will take, I’m going to explain how detox pills work and how much they speed up the process of a natural detox by eliminating toxins at a faster rate than your body can naturally.
Plus, I’ll finish by telling you about the top three brands of detox pills on the market, and compare them for potency, pricing, and how they are used.
How Drug Metabolites Work In The Body
When talking about taking drugs generally, but for the purposes of this guide going to talk about marijuana and its active ingredient THC which is converted mainly into the waste metabolite THC-NOOH.
So everything I’m talking out applies to cocaine, opiates, all narcotics, but to keep it simple I’m going to talk in terms of weed.
When you smoke a joint or take any drugs, the active ingredient that gets you high is converted at that point into waste products called metabolites. These metabolites are in your bloodstream, saliva, and other areas.
Eventually, these metabolites over hours and days work their way out of your body, through sweat and stools, but mostly in your urine.
Cannabis is slightly different from other drugs because nearly 50% of the metabolites do exit through the bowels because cannabis metabolites bind to bile which is created by fat and fibre to help its passage out of the body.
The bottom line is that a light drug user will usually be clean of toxins in about one week after a natural detox.
However, for chronic weed smoker, that can be as long as two months, and for a regular smoker two weeks or longer. So you need detox pills which can at least half the amount of time it takes for metabolites to exit the body naturally to make it worthwhile.
Doing A Do A Natural Detox
The best way to get clean is to do a natural detox. That means doing the following things religiously every day until you test clean using a home drug test kit:
- Stop taking drugs of all types
- Avoid prescription medications unless absolutely necessary
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco
- Stop taking in any toxins where possible
- Eat small meals that are packed with lean protein, whole grains and vegetables
- Eat plenty of fruit in small amounts
- If you’re trying to get rid of cannabis specifically eat plenty of fiber
- Drink a lot of water every day (3 L/ three-quarter gallon minimum per day)
- Exercise and sweat every day
- Get at least eight hours sleep and stay relaxed
Doing all the above will help your body to speed up its ability to get rid of toxins to the maximum rate the body can. But that won’t be much because the body mostly works close to its optimal rate unless you are unhealthy.
I will also mention if you are trying to get rid of cannabis metabolites, then you should eat fatty meals in a couple of days leading up to your drug test. So go to town on burgers and other fatty foods because that will create bile which will help to draw more toxins out through the bladder. You shouldn’t be eating a fatty diet always through a natural detox though, because that slows your body processes down.
What Are The Best Drug Detox Pills?
When you’re doing a natural detox, you can speed things up using detox pills for weed.
Now let me explain a bit about marijuana detox pills to you. There is no such thing as a specific cannabis detox pill. Any product claiming it can specially target THC is talking rubbish. The only way it can do that is to contain fiber, which you can get from your diet in far higher quantities anyway.
So a high-quality detox pill will work for THC, and it will work for any other type of drug metabolites as well.
The best detox pills out there have the following characteristics:
- They speed up the elimination of toxins through completely natural and safe ingredients
- The best detox pills contain diuretics so you urinate more frequently
- Detox pills help to draw more toxins towards the bowels and bladder
- Detox pills contain nutrients that help your kidneys and liver to work more efficiently
- Ingredients in detox pills can speed up metabolism and body processes (only slightly though)
Now as you can see, that is quite a checklist and not many detox pills out there contain everything that is needed to significantly speed up your body processes. But then again, most detox pills aren’t actually designed for eliminating drug toxins at all.
Most of the detox pills you’ll see out there is low quality, or barely have anything in them that work at all. These are the things you see on sale at Walmart, GNC, Walgreens, eBay, and Amazon.
They claim to be detox pills but are just detox supplements that slightly speed up the elimination of toxins from the body, things like free radicals as well, over the long term. You have to take them for several weeks as an ongoing supplement which is why most of them are sold with a months’ worth of pills.
So if you’re looking to run every day, drink vegetable smoothies, and you want to push things along a little more, then an ongoing supply cheap detox pills designed for general detoxification might help you, but it won’t do much good if you want to try and half the time it takes you to get clean to pass a drug test.
Detox Pills Or Detox Drinks?
I want to clear up the common misconception here, and one that confused me when I first started looking into detox products a few years ago.
A detox drink does not detox you. I know that sounds nuts, but it’s the truth. A detox drink is just a masking agent. It pushes more toxins out of the body than water can, and it throws a load of nutrients in your body that are found in urine, so some are passed through your kidneys as waste, keeping the balance natural.
Detox pills are completely different animals altogether. They are used alongside a natural detox to speed up the elimination of toxins over days and weeks to allow you to be completely naturally clean, meaning you’re not just masking the toxins, they are permanently removed.
The Top 3 Detox Pills For A Drug Test
- Toxin Rid
Top of anyone’s list has to be Toxin Rid, which I believe is the most potent detox kit you can buy.
With Toxin Rid, it’s not just about the potency of the detox pills, but you also get a very good detox drink supplement which helps to draw out the last of the toxins and also replace nutrients lost in the detox process.
On top of that, you get a dietary fiber supplement that flushes your body just before your test to allow you to draw more toxins out through the bowels, making it one of the perfect detox pills for weed.
Toxin Rid is available in course lengths from a single day all the way through to 10 days in length. Additional days can be bought on top of that as well.
Here are the instructions you need to follow with Toxin Rid:
- Take three tablets with 8 fluid ounces of water, every hour for the first five hours of the day. Do that for each day of the detox course. Make sure you drink plenty of water, and don’t drink alcohol as this can stop the detox process.
- On the last day of your detox, two hours after you take the last of pills, mix up the detox liquid. This not only helps to draw out more toxins, but it also contains an incredible range of vitamins, nutrients, minerals, crucial things for the body to replace what’s been lost during the powerful Toxin Rid detox. Drink half the liquid, then wait two hours and drink the other half of the liquid. You must then wait at least another two hours before eating anything.
- If you have a drug test within four days of finishing the detox course then the dietary fiber supplement can really help you on the day of your test. You mix it up and drink it with 8 fluid ounces of water. Over the next hour, you then drink another 16 fluid ounces of water. You need to do this at least three hours before your test. You then urinate frequently, and that will help to draw out any lingering toxins through both the bladder and bowels.
Now the confusion around using Toxin Rid THC detox pills is how to decide what course length you need. When there are course lengths from one day through to 10 days, how do you know how much to spend?
Well, for me five days or less in terms of course length is only for light users. If you have taken a load of marijuana or other drugs within the past seven days, or even infrequently, then five days or less in course length will mean you’re clean in 2-3 days.
The 7 and 10 day courses are designed for chronic weed smokers. I’ll be honest, if you’re a daily cannabis user I would just go straight for the 10 day course. You should be testing clean in under 10 days, and I found I was clean in five days, but persisted for the second five days because of the way cannabis metabolites work.
What I mean by that is cannabis metabolites don’t leave the body in a linear fashion. They cling onto cells in the body, so you could test clean for a couple of days, and then more start coming out. So it’s best to do the longest length and keep pushing your body to get them all out.
- Rescue 5 Day Detox
Rescue 5 Day Detox is the second best detox pill that you can buy, and again, this is a course of professional quality detox pills for weed and other drugs.
It’s actually a bit of misconception that it’s a five-day detox, the total course takes eight days to complete. This is actually even better because eight days gives you three more days then the five listed, so your body has time to push out more toxins.
These are the instructions that you will follow when using Rescue 5 Day Detox:
- On the day before the main five-day detox course, take the forehead start formula pills with 8 fluid ounces of water.
- Each morning when you get up, take six-morning formula pills with 8 fluid ounces of water. Make sure you drink plenty of water during the rest of the day and urinate frequently.
- Every evening take six of the evening formula pills with eight fluid ounces of water. Make sure you urinate a couple of times before you go to bed.
- The day after you finish the main five day pill course, take the four finisher formula pills with 8 fluid ounces of water, then drink plenty of water and urinate frequently throughout the rest of the day.
- As long as your drug test comes within three days of finishing the other pills, on the morning of your test, three hours before you leave, take the eight ICE detox capsules with 8 fluid ounces of water. Urinate at least twice, and then go and submit your sample. So as you can see, this is actually an eight-day course in total. If you start your natural detox 10 days before your drug test, then you’re standing in an incredibly high chance of being completely clean on the day of your test using this really affordable course of THC detox pills.
- Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula
The third best detox pills for drug test success are called Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula, but these are slightly different to the previous pair of detox pill reviews above.
Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula is more in line with the detox supplements I talked about at the beginning. It’s not a potent short course of detox pills that powers metabolites out of your body at a dramatically accelerated rate.
But the ingredients are tailored to taking drug tests. You get a 30 day supply, and the idea is that you take two pills per day over 30 days in the lead up to a potential drug test.
At the same time, you’re winding down on your drug use, so that you’ve got fewer metabolites in your body, and Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula is working to push more toxins out than your body can naturally.
That’s not the whole story though, as you can double the dose, or even treble it in the days leading up to your test to push out even more toxins. It’s not as powerful as Toxin Rid or Rescue 5 Day Detox, but it does give you a flexible way of dramatically increasing the speed at which toxins exit the body.
Detox Pills Price Value Comparison
In terms of comparing the price and value of the detox pills I’ve talked about in this quick guide to using detox pills a drug test, there is a big variation.
The full 10-day course of Toxin Rid will cost you $189.95. But you’ll get the full 10 day set of Toxin Rid pills, the detox liquid, and the dietary fiber supplement bundled in. It’s the most potent option for chronic weed smoker to get clean in less than two weeks.
Rescue 5 Day Detox usually costs around $60 for the full pill course. That’s three times cheaper than Toxin Rid, and for someone with moderate to high levels of toxin exposure, but not chronic daily weed smoking levels of toxins, then in eight days it should get you clean, or at least 90% clean.
Finally, Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula is 60 tablets for just $30. So it’s a budget product, that delivers budget results. But if you’re tapering down on your weed use, and you using Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula, then as a moderate smoker you stand a chance in 30 days of being completely clean or at least having far fewer toxins in your body to deal with on the day of your test.
Using Detox Pills With Detox Drinks
So whether you choose to use Toxin Rid, rescue 5 five Day detox, or to taper down will using Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula, you’re still got to face that drug test.
On the day of your test, you’ll want to have a couple of home drug test kits handy. I’d actually advise you to buy half a dozen and use them in the second half of the detox and do one every other day to monitor when you actually start to get clean.
Do a test two hours before you leave. If you’re negative, cool, you’re good to go.
If you’re positive, it means you’ve still got a few toxins in your body. But because you have pushed out so many toxins during the detox course, there’s going to be very few for a powerful detox drink to mask.
So buy Rescue Cleanse or Ultra Eliminex, and then drink that detox drink. It will flush out any toxins lingering in your kidneys and bladder, and keep the nutrient balance in your urine appearing natural.
Because there are so few toxins left, you’ll have the maximum time the detox drink delivers to submit your sample, usually five hours.
If you time things right, and you work hard, then within 10 days of starting to use THC detox pills for your drug test, you can usually get completely clean, so that you are able to pass a drug test without masking any remaining toxins using a detox drink.